Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Pottery Barn Knockoff

I know I have been a terrible blogger of late but with Christmas and life in general things around here have been pretty busy. The girls are finished school for a couple of weeks and are already bored so we decided to try our hand at the sheet music candles that are all over blog land and also Pottery Barn.

After much research I decided to combine the techniques that I found here and here.  I used the second method to copy my sheet music onto white tissue paper but rather than gluing and heating with a heat gun we just used Mod Podge.

We still have to perfect the technique but I think they turned out pretty well for our first attempt.




















Let me know what you think.


I'm linking to:












My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
















Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Very cool! Who needs to pay those crazy PB prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are stunning! Love how you achieved the PB look without the PB price! I love everything sheet music. Nice job!

    Merry Christmas!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea and I feel a new project coming on.
    Happy Holidays
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look good mum:)

    ReplyDelete