Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Finally Finished, Well Almost

In my previous post I showed you the pics of my daughters room which was an absolute nightmare, it took me nearly a month to get the room to a state that I could actually put some paint on the walls.  I ended up having to put a skim coat of plaster on every wall and then sand it all.  It took two coats of primer and then two coats of paint and all of this work in a house I don't even own.  I hope the owner will appreciate all the hard work.

I still have a few finishing touches to do but on the whole the room is finished.  It took some work over the weekend to get it all done but my youngest daughter worked liked a Trojan helping me paint and sand the furniture to go in the room.  You see Taylor went away for 4 days to visit her friend in Alberta and we thought it would be a nice surprise for her if the room was finished when she got home.  She is 18 now and has been sharing a room with Cailin for the last 5 months so it was time to give her a space of her own.  Our surprise worked wonderfully, when she saw the room she cried.....

Here are a few pictures so that you can see the transformation, I will be sharing the before and after projects over the next couple of days.  Let me know what you think.

Still Looking for Artwork for this side of the room







Night Stand



Gallery Wall

Taylor's Photography









































































This is what it looked like before.






















Sorry about the terrible pictures but Mr ASL had the good camera so I had to make do with my old one. I have added a picture of what the room looked like before for those of you who are viewing from a link.













Photobucket




Linking to:


My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia




Transformation Thursday

3 comments:

  1. What a great shade of blue/green for the accessories! I also really like the side table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I love the gallery wall - especially with her photography.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your picture wall! You have come a long way since the before, just beautiful!
    Thanks for linking up and great to meet you!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete