Saturday, January 29, 2011

Wallpaper

I think my New Years resolution should have been to prioritize, I have a heap of projects on the go and not one of them is finished.  I seem to jump from one thing to another and accomplish nothing.  Ok to start you know that I have repainted my youngest daughters room and have been promising to show you the reveal but unfortunately it's still not finished.  This is due to the fact that the furniture is half way painted and she does not want it all put together until she is not sharing the room with her sister.  This meant I had to start on the other bedroom which I thought would be a bit of a challenge but not nearly as hard as it's been.

Two weeks I have been working on this room and it's a mess.  Here is the before I started photo,

















That's right blue walls and green polka dots, whoever lived in this house had absolutely no style.  You may think this would be an easy fix but wait.... they painted this over wallpaper that was starting to peel, so I hired a wallpaper steamer thinking this would be a weekend job, the steamer didn't work at all because it could not penetrate the paint, so for the last two weeks I have been stripping a little section at a time with  good old fabric softener and water.  The room looks like a disaster and to make matters worse whoever applied the wallpaper did it to unsealed walls which means that the paper on the plasterboard is coming off with the wallpaper.  At this point with the mess the walls are in I'm thinking that I may have to wallpaper the walls again, this is the room half way through.

















Any suggestions!






Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment