Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I've been practicing

Today was a busy day running around with my other half to different stores as he finally had a day off after working 10 days straight.  We did not accomplish very much although we did manage to pick up a desk for Taylor which will undergo a complete makeover before it takes up residence in her room.  Still on the hunt for fabric for her curtains or ready made drapes.

I have been working on a mood board for Cailin's room, I know it looks very white but she can't make up her mind what colour she wants so if I keep it neutral I can change the sheets and throw pillows and she will have a completely different look.


















I have been practicing with different methods for creating the mood boards this one was made using publisher and was a lot easier to import.

Cailin's room has been painted in Cloud White I know pretty boring but we are in a rental property and I have to keep with the safe colours.  She has white drapes as shown in the mood board and along one wall we have two ikea expedit bookcases and a desk that runs the whole length of the wall.  Due to it being a small space I have used the white drum stool as a night table and it also doubles as extra seating when her friends come over.  The ikea bookcases are excellent as they provide lots of storage.  I am keeping her duvet cover and bed skirt white and at the moment she is interchanging between pale green and lilac sheets so every week her room looks different.

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment